At Flannels Bar & Grill, we have made a number of adjustments to our operating procedures to account for concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
Please be aware that many of the changes we have imposed that customers are not happy with we are not doing because it is how we have decided to do things. We are following the guidelines issued by the state of Vermont and we can not and will not make any exceptions to those guidelines. You can find a copy of these guidelines online by visiting the state website by clicking here.
Coming To Flannels?
- Prior to coming to Flannels, you will need to make a reservation. This can be done online or by calling us at (802) 855-5135. If you do not make a reservation we may not be able to accommodate you due to COVID capacity restrictions.
- Please be aware that MASKS ARE REQUIRED for all guests when you are not seated at a table. There is absolutely no exception to this. If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason regardless of what that reason is we are not currently able to accommodate you.
- If you are visiting from outside of the state of Vermont, you must quarantine for 14 days prior to joining us at Flannels. This is a state requirement; like masks, there are no exceptions to this policy. If our staff become aware you have not quarantined prior to joining us you will be asked to leave.
- Upon arriving at Flannels you will need to sign into our COVID Contact Tracing form and provide your full name, phone number, and physical address of residence. This applies to every person in your group.
- Based on state guidelines we are only allowed to seat a single household at a table. A single household is defined as people who live together in the same home.
- To decrease the spread of germs, we are not currently providing change to customers when paying. You are welcome to pay with a credit card, pay in exact change with cash, or utilize our onsite ATM to obtain cash for payment.
- While you are here at Flannels you must order food. Due to state restrictions, we are NOT ALLOWED to only serve you drinks. Each individual at a table must independently order food. If you are joining us for an extended period of time, you will need to order food throughout your visit, not just a single small item for the duration of your visit.
- While you are at Flannels you must remain at your table, that state does not permit you to be standing or mingling with other guests beyond those at your table.
Front of House Changes
- In conjunction with state guidelines, we are currently operating at reduced capacity at all times, by only allowing 50% of our normal occupancy into the building at any time. Just because we have physical seats available does not mean we have the ability to seat you.
- Flannels closes nightly no later than 10 pm. Our last table seating is at 9:00 PM every night we are open.
- Since guests are currently not allowed to be standing or mingling with people outside of their own household, our game room is currently closed to guests. The only exception to this policy is guests for a single household are able to reserve our entire game room.
- All tables with customers seated at them are spaced a minimum of 6′ apart. This frequently means we are not able to seat all tables. Just because you see an open table when you visit us does not mean we are able to seat people at it.
- We are not currently providing seating at the bar. We have three high tops that are positioned close to our bar for those looking for the bar-style service experience.
- We are not currently utilizing physical menus. Digital menus can be accessed from your table using your cell phone.
- All staff at Flannels are required to wear a mask when they are within 6′ of a customer. We do not require our staff to wear a mask when they are not within 6′ of another person.
- If you do not finish the food you order, you are welcome to take it home with you but our waitstaff is not allowed to box your food for you, but they will be happy to provide you with a take-out container to box your leftovers with.
- All tables are sanitized between every use, and frequently utilized touch points are sanitized on a regular basis.
Behind the Scenes Changes
- We are operating with a reduced staff, to ensure a smaller potential exposure circle to COVID. Guests should be aware during busy periods this may result in food taking slightly longer to get to your table than normal.
- All staff at flannels have their temperature taken when arriving at work. ANy staff member that registers a temperature above 99 degrees is prohibited from working for the next 14 days or until they provide proof of a negative covid test result.
- All dishes at Flannels are being double washed, including the utilization of bleach for sanitation purposes.
- We have increased the training requirements for all members of our staff regarding the position they hold at Flannels. Minimum training now includes VOSHA COVID; ServSafe Food Handler; ServSafe COVID-19 Precautions; American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, AED; and additional position-specific certification courses.